The service aim is to provide a tailor made approach to career path planning to meet the specific guidance, training and work experience needs of early school leavers.
The Advocacy Service is a community /centre based career guidance support service for unemployed young people ages 16-21 years , who have left school early with none or incomplete qualifications.
The Service helps clients to develop a Career Path and offers a step by step support which:
- Helps the young person to clarify their interests and abilities
- Encourages and motivates the young person
- Informs the client about their Education and Training options
- Explains the value of vocational skills and the importance of work experience
- Helps the young people to gain access to training courses and employment
- Supports and tracks young people in their progression to and from second strand provisions . ( Community Training Centres and Youthreach)
- Advocates on behalf of the young person
- Work as a team with provisions, service and agencies relevant to or working with the target group.